Did quarantine affect your physical health? Have you gained weight during quarantine? Do you want to get back in shape? As we all know that covid-19 and quarantine affected our lives. Quarantine made our life so difficult and challenging; it restricted our movement and exposure to the world.
Moreover, we became so lazy, and most of us gained weight during the quarantine. Now the difficult period is over, and we came back to everyday life after so long. After lockdown, everyone wants to get back in shape, which is difficult but not impossible. Suppose you want the perfect body and want to lose extra weight. Here we will provide you with a list of exercises that help you get back in shape after quarantine.
Moreover, you have to be focused if you want to get back in shape within a short period. Getting back in shape not only depends on exercise but also healthy eating and a focused mind.
1. Cardio Exercise
Cardio exercises speed up heart rate and improve breathing. These exercise gives strength to lungs and heart and helps to get back in shape after quarantine because it improves the blood supply to muscles. Cardio exercises also play a vital role in relaxing the blood vessel wall.
Additionally, cardio exercises help to burn fat, reduce blood pressure, and maintain blood sugar levels. It also helps to boost mood, improve the level of good cholesterol and reduce inflammation.
Moreover, it lowers the risk of heart disease, diabetes, and stroke. It is useful for colon and breast cancer and reduces stress and depression. There are different exercises included in cardio exercises.
There are the following tips to do cardio exercises.
- Select cardio exercise of your choice
- Before starting your workout, do warm-up steps for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Do cardio exercises at least 3 days per week.
- The duration of cardio exercises should be 45 minutes minimum.
- In begging to go slowly, increase your intensity after some time
- Keep yourself self-hydrated during cardio exercises.
- End your exercise with stretching and cool down your self
- Every week increase your workout timing and intensity.
- Try to replace last week’s cardio exercise with a new one.
2. Strength training
Strength training does not only give strength to muscles. It also improves overall health conditions and help to get back in shape. It helps to ease joint pain, lower back pain, and enhance bone growth. Additionally, it helps to control blood sugar and lose weight.
Moreover, fitness trainers arrange a strength workout for people according to their gender, age, weight, and medical condition. There are different strength training workouts.
- Bench press
- Weight lifting
- Bird dog
- Weight Resistant exercises
There are the following tips to perform strength exercises.
- Choose 10 to 12 different exercises which target the chest, back, biceps, triceps, and abs
- In the beginning, do 1 set of 15 reps for each exercise.
- Choose the weight according to your body weight.
- Do a strength exercise 3 to 4 times a week.
- Increase weight every week and increase the number of the set of each exercise.
As we know that during quarantine, we were so lazy, and our bodies lost flexibility too. Due to flexibility issues, we feel pain in muscles, joints. We may face muscle cramps or muscle damage. Less flexibility also affects our daily life activity. It causes pain while bending or sitting on the floor. Therefore perform stretches to improve oxygen and blood supply in muscles.
Stretching makes the muscles more flexible and improves mobility and motion. It also help to get back in shape after quarantine. There are different types of stretches recommended.
- Cobra stretch
- Knees to chest
- Spinal twist
- Side stretch
- Quad stretch
- Calf stretch
There are few recommendations about how to perform stretches.
- Choose 8 different types of stretches according to your body type.
- Perform stretches at least 4 times a week.
- Hold your position for 60 seconds.
- Do 3 sets of each exercise.
- Take a break of 30 seconds in each set.
There is no doubt that yoga is perfect for physical and mental health. Old people can do yoga easily to get back in shape within a short period. Yoga exercises also involved every muscle of the body.
Moreover, yoga helps to tone the body. It also has health benefits such as lower stress hormones and reduces body fat—yoga helps maintain body posture.
There are different kinds of yoga poses included in workouts to get back in shape.
- Mountain pose
- Tree pose
- Triangle pose
- Warrior pose
- Upward facing dog pose.
- Downward facing dog pose
- Forward fold
There are the following pro tips for yoga to get back in shape after quarantine.
- Include a minimum of eight yoga poses
- Do yoga daily for at least 45 minutes.
- Maintain each yoga pose as a minimum for 45 minutes
There is a lot of physical exercises which help you to get back in shape. Exercises like yoga stretches, cardio will aid you to get a perfect body after quarantine. Moreover, these exercise repair body muscles and gives an ideal shape to the body. Additionally, physical exercise provides many health benefits, such as weight loss, control high blood pressure, blood sugar, and cholesterol.